News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

CARBOY gets mentioned in magazine article

Started by DBuns, June 20, 2013, 09:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBuns

Hey, we're almost famous....

http://onlinedigeditions.com/publication/?m=10998&l=1

PS.  It's on page 23...but the whole article is interesting

billdubas

Well I guess that our new president needs to go talk to the folks at Fortnight.  We don't want to disappoint them in one of their business plan goals  :wink:

MikeSu

If the club has any interest in following up on Mo's comment in regards to the club making a connection or using Fortnight as a future meeting place let me know.  Mo was my business partner back when I tried pursuing that brewery dream and I would be more than happy to contact him on behalf of the club to help set something up.  I know I have not been very active lately in the club but let me know I would be happy to help and see what you can work out.

fbgillam

Quote from: "MikeSu"If the club has any interest in following up on Mo's comment in regards to the club making a connection or using Fortnight as a future meeting place let me know.  Mo was my business partner back when I tried pursuing that brewery dream and I would be more than happy to contact him on behalf of the club to help set something up.  I know I have not been very active lately in the club but let me know I would be happy to help and see what you can work out.

This interests me, because I know someone who was involved in fortnight and let it go because of disagreements. That would make Mo a person who has twice ditched a brewer. I'm not trying to hijack the thread or point fingers. Mostly just using the internet for what it was built for: random musings of an insane mind.
-Frank

DBuns

I've talked a few times already with Stu -- part owner and at least initially head brewer.  They are very interested in supporting the club and would listen to any plans we might have.

billdubas

Fortnight is now open.  Is anyone talking with them regarding us having a meeting there soon?  I'm stopping by on Friday after work to pick up a growler and could mention it to them.

Gary Morgan

billdubas

Quote from: "Gary Morgan"I'm heading over at ~ 3-4 Friday.

I'll see you there maybe.  I should be there by 4:15 with a co-worker.

tmwallace

Why don't we just turn this into a Carboy get together / pint-night and check the place out?

DBuns

I know Stuart pretty well and have talked with him about CARBOY and meetings and such.  He is very open to it.  I'll be home the week after Shamrock and would be happy to talk with him again with more specifics.

But we probably shouldn't all hit him from different directions.

billdubas

Well, we also wanted to ask them if they'd be willing to donate a keg for the Shamrock.  Do you have a way to contact him without visiting the brewery?

billdubas

Quote from: "tmwallace"Why don't we just turn this into a Carboy get together / pint-night and check the place out?

Not sure about Gary, but my plan is to stop by, get a Growler to go, and ask about getting a keg for Shamrock (plus maybe ask about meeting there as a club in the future).  I can't stay as I have to get to my son's Karate graduation.  He's up to blue belt now.

ceaker

Quote from: "DBuns"Hey, we're almost famous....

http://onlinedigeditions.com/publication/?m=10998&l=1

PS.  It's on page 23...but the whole article is interesting

Is that the right link?  I clicked on it and went to page 23, but it's an article about collards.

billdubas

You have to go to the summer 2013 issue.  The link will send you to the current issue, which is winter 2014

ceaker

Quote from: "billdubas"You have to go to the summer 2013 issue.  The link will send you to the current issue, which is winter 2014

Thanks Bill. I had gone back to the Fall issue, but not back to the summer one.