News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Forum Layout / Organization 2020

Started by Steve Winter, February 12, 2020, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Winter

Added the Shamrock XXV 2020 folder ... And removed whatever the error that was showing ... And then started putzing around on the Forum today when I had a few dozen higher priorities to focus on ...

Found that the default setting for permissions doesn't include 'Losers' which are people with only a few posts ... That's why some of you can't see anything ... Working on changing that ...

Started making some changes to how the posts are managed over time ... Let me know what you think and if you are having any issues ...

Created 'Archive' folders to group specific topics ... It would allow you to quickly scan through those topics/posts and see what happened in the past (ie Mead Day) ... Give you a feel for what we've done and maybe have forgotten ...

The current activity would still be posted in the usual folders ... The current and past few CARBOY meetings in the EVENTS folder ... but as the event is no longer relevant, it would be pushed to the appropriate 'Archive' folder (yes this will take some effort on someone's part)

Have put a 'child' folder in Events for 'Carboy Meetings' ... I don't like how it is at the top of the screen ... And a couple of different Archives in a new Category 'Archive - Events' ...

There is a lot that this app provides that we don't use ... Because we don't know ... If there are some of you that are conversant in SimpleMachines, how about putting together a '15 minute User Training' that we could present at a CARBOY meeting? If not, I'll work on that as I learn some more ...