News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Auctions will start again very soon

Started by MDixon, November 28, 2008, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDixon

We have several items to auction and they will start to appear shortly in the Auction forum.
http://carboy.informe.com/viewforum.php?f=46

Remember the rules:
Quote-Do not wait until the last minute to bid.
-You must be a paid member in order to bid.
-Bids cannot be retracted but you can increase your bid any time before the close of the auction.
-The forum clock is the auction clock.
-Posts may not be edited for content, so post wisely.
-All proceeds go directly into the club Treasury and when writing a check for an item you have won, please make the check out to CARBOY.
-Payment is expected at the time of item pickup.

All items will be "as is" unless otherwise noted. Many have been in storage a long time and may require some cleaning. Pay attention to the minimum bid increment posted with the listing.

Here is a list of the items which will be auctioned (probably grouped as stated below):
4 5gallon Ball-lock kegs
2.5lb empty Oxygen tank with regulator
30lb Propane Tank (partially full)
30lb Propane Tank (also partially full)
5lb empty CO2 tank with regulator
10 gallon round gott cooler with false bottom and thermometer
3/8" Dewalt drill, needs new cord, but drill is like new
15.5 gallon keggle with welded threaded nipple
Chillzilla counterflow chiller
Valley grain mill
Galaxy Refridgerator (no shelves), ~15cf
Foxx Counter Pressure Bottle Filler
Plastic Conical
6 gallon carboy with wooden legs
Water filter (body only, no filters)
Bronze March 809 pump unwired
Polysufone March 809 pump unwired
CO2 Regulator
0-32 Brixx Refractometer
Mini-keg dispenser with 5 CO2 Cartridges
Thermometer and SS Valve combo
Ranco ETC 111000 Temp Controller (wired and like new)
3 Ball-lock dispensing hoses with disconnects and cobra heads
5 Books

We plan to have all the items up for auction in the next two weeks so stay tuned.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

beekster

The villagers are pleased. \"We told you\" they say, \"we make good beer.\"

MDixon

Send me a note with the info and once we get rid of this list we can put it up. We are trying to have all the items above auctioned and picked up before Christmas, some should be listed tomorrow.

billdubas

Quote from: "MDixon"We are trying to have all the items above auctioned and picked up before Christmas, some should be listed tomorrow.

Why so quickly?

MDixon

Imagine a garage full of that list of items and a homeowner anxious to clean out the garage...(an no I am not talking about me)...the items are safely housed in an undisclosed location which will be disclosed to the winners of the various auctions.

MDixon

We have 17 items currently up for bid and another 8 will be posted in a week or so. Bid early and often, this ain't ebay...

beekster

How do we post new items? I have a mash tun which is a 50 qt. Coleman cooler with a copper manifold and brass ball valve. I'm happy to let it go in the club auction.
The villagers are pleased. \"We told you\" they say, \"we make good beer.\"

MDixon

Hey Walt - after we finish the current round we can put it up (or sell it to Jim).

DBuns

Hey, Walt...you might also want to mention it to Jim Brewer at the Holiday party!  I think he's looking to upgrade his mash tun.

MDixon

All the items are now listed in the Auction section of the forum.
http://carboy.informe.com/viewforum.php?f=46

The Forum clock is EST* at the moment and this is also the auction clock. If a posting comes later than the ending time, it will be considered invalid.

If you happen to be the lucky winner of an item or items, sit tight and we will determine pickup location(s) after Dec. 14.

- -

*Everyone should be on GMT - 5, check the bottom of the page. If your page does not say GMT - 5 and match the current time, please update your profile to reflect that time.

MDixon

The last batch of Auctions are over and were a complete success raising over $700 for the club. Many thanks to Bill MacKenzie for the donations!

The following people will be contacted about pickup/payment.
Aaron Miller - ($30)
Brian Sico - ($43)
Conrad Johnson - ($28* includes dues)
Dave Buning - ($30)
David Overholser - ($4)
Jason Alarcon - ($40)
Jeremy Gobien - ($45)
Jim Kinn - ($56)
Kevin Thorngren - ($303)
Mike Dixon - ($89)
Mike Sulyi - ($15)
Tom Viemont - ($49)

(Please make all payments out to CARBOY.)

DBuns

Seems to reward the folks who can stay up to midnight.   :(

Guess I'm still on my search for a mill I can afford....

MDixon

We can certainly pick another ending time for auctions. The one night I stayed up till midnight to bid was bad news for the next day. Maybe 9pm in the future?

kevint

I think 9 or 10PM would be a good stop time.

I know I ended up with a lot of gear.  If anyone feels that I bid unfairly on an item and you were the last to bid let me know and you can have the item for my bid.

Kevin

CWK

yes, please, esp. if it ends on a work night.

Quote from: "MDixon"We can certainly pick another ending time for auctions. The one night I stayed up till midnight to bid was bad news for the next day. Maybe 9pm in the future?