News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Its Time

Started by Walt S, June 22, 2009, 05:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt S

All,

It's time for someone else to take the helm.  This month concludes my third year and final year, as president of CARBOY and it truly has been a labor of love.  You can't get too big headed when you are the president of a club that really functions by committee consensus, but I have been proud to serve in the position.  Due to the efforts of all the members, the club has grown in size and notoriety.  In addition to our usual annual functions, we have participated in state and national activities and have done our club and the Carolina brewing community proud.  

Some, including myself on occasions, have said that the job of president is that of key master.  However, I believe that Bill Dubas expressed it best when he said that he saw the position of president as really that of an ambassador.  

I leave the position believing that the club is stronger in many ways, again, due to the efforts of my fellow officers and of a growing number of "heavy lifters".  Our treasury is sound; the number of BJCP ranked judges has swelled; the club's brewing and serving equipment has grown and most of all, the enjoyment of beer and brewing has been advanced.

I would encourage anyone who has a little time, to consider becoming a CARBOY officer.  There are few time demands other than those that you impose on yourself.  The other officers and club members will share in the decision making while the other heavy lifters will share in whatever needs to be done.

Finally, I want to thank those members who have made the job of key master and ambassador such a pleasure to have.  Rest assured, when I'm not on the road, I hope to remain very active in CARBOY and all its many functions.  

Cheers and thanks for all your support,

Walt Sweeney, Da Ex Prez
Walt Sweeney

DBuns

Walt, thanks for the 3 solid years as club prez!  You have been behind many of our accomplishments and you have set the bar for the next CARBOY leader.  

CHEERS!!!

brad_vincent

Walt, for the limited time i've been in the club, I must say I thought you did a great job!  Thanks again for the help during shamrock :)

lost shaker

Cheers to Walt!  Long live Walt!

No, really, Walt, you have been a wonderful catalyst for this club.  Thank you for everything you've done!

--m

Mark G

Thank you Walt for all you have done for the club. We are all better for your time in office.

Now you have some extra time on your hands to work on our Blog!!

Walt S

Quote from: "Mark G"Now you have some extra time on your hands to work on our Blog!!

Here's to Memaws DB :lol:

Walt S.
Walt Sweeney