News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Nick from BB&Y passed away

Started by glennh2os, July 24, 2009, 11:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennh2os

Clipped from a TRUB posting a few minutes ago...

I hope that the officers from TRUB and CARBOY will consider making a memorial.  Nick graceously offered us his restaurant for meetings and competitions.  In fact, Nick passed away the night we met at CARBOY.

Nicholas Lee Jones, 69, passed away July 22, 2009. He was born on August 18, 1939 in Pasadena, TX. He served in the US Coast Guard and attended the University of Texas

MDixon

That is awful news. Nick had been sick on and off for a very long time.

If anyone wishes to make a Guest Book posting, here is the link:
http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=8066078756718&cid=full

It would be good if we could come up with one from the club as well. If someone is gifted enough to know what to say at a time like this, feel free to post on the thread and we'll get Walt (x-Pres) or Kevin (communications) to post it on the site.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

kevint

Not sure I am gifted enough to post something for the club but if someone is please PM me with the message and I will gladly do so.

As a member over the past 1 1/2 years I didn't get to talk with Nick much but when I did he seemed like a very nice man.  

Kevin

MDixon

A donation has been made on behalf of CARBOY to Hospice of Wake County.

Perhaps a toast to Nick should occur at our next meeting!
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

GJ40

That sounds like a great idea!

DBuns

kevint

I posted Dave B.'s words to the guest book.  Should be available for review by tomorrow.

Kevin

Walt S

Quote from: "kevint"I posted Dave B.'s words to the guest book.  Should be available for review by tomorrow.

Kevin

Thanks Dave for expressing the sentiments of the club.  

Walt S.
Walt Sweeney

jimn