News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Sierra Nevada & Jimmy V

Started by DBuns, November 11, 2009, 12:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBuns

Jimmy -- when was the special batch of SN that you brewed supposed to be coming out?  Not sure I quite got the entire story on this -- only something about 3 kegs that you were getting delivered to 3 places?  Can you provide a bit more information for the poor listeners among us?  (i.e., Was this the batch that you brewed with the other NHC category winners?  Style?  Will this be by invitation only?  How will we hear about it?  etc.)

Thanks!

jimmyvervaecke

Yes, this is the special batch that we brewed with the other NHC winners.  We're calling it an American stock ale.  It's about 7%, malty but with a balanced level of bitterness.  Some hop character, but not "hoppy".  I haven't actually tasted it yet, but that's what we were going for anyway.  The recipe will be in Zymurgy next month.

There haven't been too many details mostly because I don't have them yet.

We have ordered 3 kegs to Tyler's, anyone who wants to show up is invited. There isn't a date yet since the beer hasn't arrived.  Don't want to set up a bunch of stuff and then have the beer not show up in time.  We did talk about having one keg at each Tyler's location, but that isn't official yet.

I heard about 2 weeks ago that it would be shipping any time now, so hopefully it will be here soon.  Don't worry, there will be copious amounts of emailing and forum posting once it's all sorted out.

DBuns

:lol:   Thanks, Jimmy!!  I'm looking forward to it.  Deliver 2 to Tylers and one to the CARBOY Holiday Party!!

jimmyvervaecke

Beer has arrived! Event details will be posted soon.

DBuns

Cool!  Thanksgiving Beer....