News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

New website is live

Started by jimmyvervaecke, June 24, 2011, 04:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyvervaecke

It's been in progress for awhile.  Finially decided to "flip the switch" this afternoon.  Click on over to the new http://carboyclub.com/

There was a ton of old content from the previous site and it wasn't practical to migrate it all so you can still access the old site from the link at the bottom of the "Links" menu in the right column.  Any links you might have had to pages on the old site, like Shamrock results, recipes, etc. will still work.

I still need to get the calendar stuff figured out.  There's apparently no good way to put the yahoo groups calendar on the website and the google one won't send notifications without everyone signing up from scratch again.

Eventually we'll also have some kind of link where you can pay your dues and whatnot right through the site as well.

beekster

It's great to be able to navigate easily between the website and the forum. Now after all the work you did setting this up, we need to start using our new tools. Thanks Jimmy! :)
The villagers are pleased. \"We told you\" they say, \"we make good beer.\"

kevint

MDixon

Yee Haw! Thanks Jimmy...
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

CWK

Jarrad

tmwallace

That is very nice. Thanks!

brad_vincent

smiths9312

This looks like a real website.  Great work!

DBuns

Looks great, Jimmy.  Thanks for doing that!  Is the old website officially dead now?  Will one be automatically routed to this new website if going to the old one?

MDixon

The HBD website main page takes you to our new page. The old site can be viewed by a link on the right side.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

DBuns

Quote from: "jimmyvervaecke"I still need to get the calendar stuff figured out.  There's apparently no good way to put the yahoo groups calendar on the website and the google one won't send notifications without everyone signing up from scratch again.

Is there a way to put the CARBOY Oktoberfest on the "Upcoming Club Events" section?  I know there is the separate tab for it, but good to have it in upcoming events, too....

Also...any preference for a date for the Holiday Party?  December 3 or 10?  We may want to get in our reservation for the clubhouse.

billdubas

Quote from: "DBuns"
Also...any preference for a date for the Holiday Party?  December 3 or 10?

Either one if fine with me. . . . .  .

. . . now. . . . . off to try my bottle of Strafe Hendrik Quadruple that I just bought today

http://www.halvemaan.be/index.php?id=59&L=2

Did any of you that went to Belgium get to visit their brewery in Bruge. . . The Half Moon?

DBuns

Yes...we did go to de Halve Maan Brewery.  Sue and I had to break off from the rest of the team (Mike/Rebecca/Wallace) to head out to Holland.  On the way out of Brugge we stopped here and "accidentally" got into a private tour that was going on.  They were passing out tickets for the tour and free beers.  If we had the time, we could have stayed there a few more hours.
: - )  but were on a tight schedule.