News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Jarrad W. -- Cares/Concerns

Started by DBuns, May 28, 2012, 03:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBuns

Thanks, Ryan.

Kevin, Jimmy and I just went to see Jarrad this afternoon.  There is talk of transferring him to a place in NJ (where Christopher Reeves was treated), and they should know more about that by this evening.  

Right now, I'm not even sure I remember all of Jarrad's injuries. -- broken ribs, broken arm, broken collar bone, pelvis (?), and of course the spine.  Yet, both he and Belinda remain upbeat and strong.

This is a chance for our clubs to help one of our own.  They will need construction work on their home (ramps, etc.) and many other things down the road.  Right now, if anyone can get free to visit, especially in the evening when Belinda has to be home with the kids, that would be most welcome.  Just give him a quick call first (919-681-2319).  He's in room 2319, at least for today and likely tomorrow.

Take care!
Dave

Jarrad

Kevin Dave Jimmy thx for the visit.  Would love to see other come too.

gsteiger

I plan on visiting Jarrad on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.  Can anyone join me?
Never trust a skinny brewer.

DBuns

Quote from: "gsteiger"I plan on visiting Jarrad on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.  Can anyone join me?

Hey, Greg.  I couldn't go on Thursday; possibly on Wed.  Just choose the time and day that work best for you and if I can make it I will.

Do we know for sure if Jarrad is still at Duke?

Gary Morgan

I'd like to join you. Either day.

gsteiger

Gary and Dave,

Let's plan on Wednesday.  I can make it anytime in the afternoon.  Dave and Gary, what time is good for you?

Jarrad is still at Duke.  He may geet transferred to a local rehab hospital.

GJ40

Greg, I would have loved to join you but I'll be out of town this week.

Gary Morgan

Anytime Wednesday is good for me.

DBuns

Around lunch time or after work would be all right.  But do what works best for you and if I can make it, great...if not, it sounds like you have at least 2.

Thanks....

Jarrad

Yep im still at duke.  Just call my cell 919 906 6903 rooim before you head this way ill post if i move

gsteiger

lunch time works best for me.  I will call Jarrad and confirm on Wednesday.  Lets plan on meeting at noon.

Gary Morgan

Jarrad

I still at Duke and i look forward to seeing folks.  Just give a call when you're heading this way please.

gsteiger

Gary and I visited Jarrad today.  He is in good spirits and is beginning to heal.  He expects to be transferred to a rehab center near the Streets of South point either today or tomorrow.  Eventually he will be transferred to the rehab center in New Jersey.  He appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers.  

Best of luck Jarrad and God Bless.

DBuns

Thanks, Greg and Gary!  Sorry I couldn't make it...