News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Jarrad Bathroom Remodel - needs

Started by MDixon, July 19, 2012, 10:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDixon

Walt and I met to discuss the remodel and get a game plan of sorts. Walt, Greg and Kevin will more than likely lead this charge from an information and organization standpoint, but I wanted to send out a preliminary post detailing what might be needed. We have 8 weeks - so completion by early to mid-September is a must:

Based on our conversation here is what we came up with:

Demo and rough carpentry - 1 day to demo the interior bathroom sheetrock, half the ceiling and insulation, floating floor, vinyl and luann. Rough in the door openings, windows and shower wall/return
-6 warm bodies to perform demo and take trash to trailer
Hammers, wonderbar (short prybar for nails), crowbar, trash bags, etc.

Wiring and Plumbing - 1 day to rough in the plumbing (PVC and PEX) and wiring for lights, fans, switches, etc.
-4-5 people with experience at the task or helping with the tasks - someone who likes crawl spaces or doesn't mind them
Drill, bits for wiring, bits for plumbing piping, etc.

Sheetrock and Tile Backer - 1 day to hang sheetrock and to put in the tile backer board. Return twice to complete joints and then again to sand. Might be able to complete the first and second application of joint compound in one day if drying time is going well.
-4-5 people who can help hang rock and backer and/or who have experience with joints and joint compound
Drills with bits for sheetrock screws, joint knife, corner knife, mud pan, etc.

Tile - unless someone is an expert and loves doing it - hire it out

Finishing multiple days to paint, install fixtures, trim, etc.
This will vary, if you are a genius at painting please volunteer, probably 3 people at most could work in the space comfortably. Installation of fixtures will not take many people. Trimwork will be those with carpentry skills.

Walt is spearheading the effort, but please do not leave him to do all the work since no one is getting paid to do this. If you can volunteer, a helper is always welcomed with any task.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

DBuns

I will try hard to make the demo and roughing and the finishing.  Not many carpentry talents, but can rip things up and put them away and I can paint and sand....Will have to be Saturdays (preferably) or Sundays for me to devote significant time....

Thanks!!
Dave

ceaker

I'll be there when I can.  Like Dave, weekends would be best for me and we have a few upcoming weekends that I won't be available.

Just a thought, what are the chances we could brew up some payment for the tile work?

beekster

It would be great to get a crew together for the weekend of the 28th-29th. Saturday is best for me but I can make Sunday work too if necessary. Anyone care to join me?
The villagers are pleased. \"We told you\" they say, \"we make good beer.\"

DBuns

Walt, it looks like I could make Saturday 7/28 for most of the day, anyway.

smiths9312

beekster

Dave, I'm glad you can make it. Jarrad's house is at 2656 Bowden Drive in Creedmoor. I will be there for sure, and if others of you can make it, then the more the merrier! If you need to, feel free to PM me (Beekster.)

kevint

I can be there either day.  Please post up when you decide which day.

Kevin

DBuns

Walt, assuming this is for Saturday?  If so, I can make it for the AM (like 8:00AM or even a bit earlier if  you want to Noon or 12:30).  Is that all right?  Otherwise, I could probably work things out to make it Sunday for longer....

Just let me know.  Thanks!

MDixon

Please do not base this on my availability. I might be able to help for awhile on Sunday.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

beekster

I'm usually more inclined to make it a Saturday, but if Sundays bode for a better turn out, that's still possible. We can take a couple days to see how that shakes out. I could stretch myself and go both days, but that's a stretch.

beekster

Quote from: "beekster"I'm usually more inclined to make it a Saturday, but if Sundays bode for a better turn out, that's still possible. We can take a couple days to see how that shakes out. I could stretch myself and go both days, but that's a stretch.
I've decided it's in the best interest of the project for me to be available on Saturday and Sunday, the 28th and 29th. So, if you can make it, please come lend a hand. There's some demo to be done, a toilet to remove, and a little framing. I'll bring some materials, dust masks and so on. If you have some tools, bring them along, also gloves and eye protection. I'm hoping by the following weekend to get into rough electrical and plumbing. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you this weekend.

kevint

Sounds like my weekend plans have changed.  I definitely won't be able to make it Sat.  If we get home Sat then I can help on Sun.  Will know more on Saturday and will post an update then.

Kevin

Jarrad

Hello everyone.  Belinda and I had a meeting yesterday with my rehabilitation team and they are anticipating 4 to 6 rather 8 to 12 weeks for me heading back NC where my rehabilitation will continue on an outpatient basis.  Thank everyone for the continued support, thoughts, and prayers.

GJ40