News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

What a great meeting.

Started by Walt S, May 24, 2007, 02:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt S

Shank Banks, Stir Plates, a Banner, Awards and Beer.  Who could ask for more.

I thought the pictures were impressive but seeing the bar up close and personal was simply amazing.  Be sure to thank Mike Weiss for all his hard work and SAS for donating the lumber.  

Thanks to Chris and Mark for their input regarding the stir plates.  I know they work and for $10 it doesn't get much sweeter.  I doubt Dixon could have done it much cheaper.  

and speaking of Dixon........did he actually brew something? :lol:

The CARBOY banner made its appearance to the whole club.  It should give us years of service.  It was free and was donated by Presentation Strategies.  It really added to our presentation at the Charlotte Oktoberfest in 06.  Thanks to Jim Kelley, Prez of PStrat for their support of the club.

Congrats go out to Mark Garwatoski for his 2nd place finishes as Carolina Brewer of the Year and Master Brewer of the Year.  Very well deserved.

Congrats also to Rob Ascenzi for his ribbons at the U.S. Open last week.  It was his first comp and he got some great scores.

I know this is just a recap of the evening's events but it had so many highlights, I just had to write them down.  I've always been proud to be a member of this organization (and I use that term loosely) but some meetings and events are worth highlighting.  

Walt S.
Walt Sweeney

MDixon

I thought the meeting was
SUPERFUNKY[/size]

8)
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Walt S

Oh........and I forgot to add that Mike Dixon brought some kind of mold/fungus/bacteria/lichen/heartbreak of psoriasis thing that he grew in one of his kegs or between his toes over the past two years.  

That was SUPERFUNKY   :wink:
Walt Sweeney

DBuns

Great meeting; great beer; great company!  All probably because of a great pres, who rumor has it, would consider a second term!!  4 more year 4 more years.....ah, tis the season.

CWK

I would agree, I have enjoyed the past 2 meetings very much.  Nice atmosphere and people!  Looking forward to getting to know some others at future meetings.

Robert_Masson

Awesome meeting Walt. Let me know if I can help out with anything.