News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Good press for Carboy; Zymurgy July/August 2016 Shamrock Article

Started by Gary Morgan, July 05, 2016, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Morgan

I just got around to opening the July/August issue of Zymurgy. Page 67 starts a 2 page article covering this years Shamrock Competition.
Also, on page 16 there is a letter to the editor from our own gold medal winning Keith Eisel. The letter contains a picture of Keith and his brew cat, Niki (that's Keith on the left).
Carboy goes global!

MDixon

I saw that and wondered how that came about? Was the author there or something?
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Gary Morgan

The author contacted Steve Winter. I volunteered to do the follow up. I wrote the intro stuff about the competition and sent the pictures. He edited my stuff and added the info from the winning brewer.

JustinJacques

That's pretty cool Gary, would you mind bringing that issue of Zymergy to the next CARBOY meeting? I'd love to take a look! (I'm not an AHA member yet).

-Justin
Making science happen one glass at a time.

Gary Morgan

I'd bring it but the next 4th Wednesday I'm in town is in October. Maybe someone else can bring the issue.

kwenc

I've got this. I'll add the Zymergy issue to my bag and bring it to the meeting on the 27th.

Keith
Scan not a friend with a microscopic glass.

DBuns

Very cool!  Thanks, Gary!  I'll try to remember to take my copy to the next meeting, too.

Steve Winter

Well done Gary! ... Keith, it's fun having a celebrity in our midst ... Look forward to tasting a Winning Beer ...