News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Jarrad Bathroom Remodel - needs

Started by MDixon, July 19, 2012, 10:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJ40

Quote from: "beekster"I've decided it's in the best interest of the project for me to be available on Saturday and Sunday, the 28th and 29th. So, if you can make it, please come lend a hand.

Walt, I can offer you my unskilled labor on Saturday or Sunday.  Do you have a preference as to which day? Also, what time?  I'm an early riser so I can be there as early as needed.

beekster

That's great George! Jarrad's place is a long drive for all of us, so let's be kind to ourselves and say about 9 AM. How does that sound? I'll be there both days this weekend.
The villagers are pleased. \"We told you\" they say, \"we make good beer.\"

GJ40

OK, if there's no preference, I'll be there on Sunday.  What's the address?  Anyone want to ride up together?

beekster

Quote from: "beekster"Jarrad's house is at 2656 Bowden Drive in Creedmoor. I will be there for sure, and if others of you can make it, then the more the merrier! If you need to, feel free to PM me (Beekster.)

DBuns

Quote from: "beekster"I'll bring some materials, dust masks and so on. If you have some tools, bring them along, also gloves and eye protection.... I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you this weekend.

Not that I have many tools, but I'll take a hammer.  I think I have a crowbar?  I'll try to remember a dust mask and gloves.  Any other suggestions?  Should we pack a lunch?  Take some bottles of water?

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

beekster

I have three new dust masks. I've got to get half of the ceiling down in prep for electric, which is especially fun, since there's blown in insulation above

:twisted:

Please bring your own eye protection and gloves, your tools are welcome but I think we have enough. I'll round up a couple of Tyvek suits, plastic, and some trash bags. There's a Subway nearby, or you can bring your own. We don't need to work beyond 1 or 2 PM.

beekster

By the way, when you turn right on 56, Ferbow is two miles on the right. The subdivision is called Golden Pond.

MDixon

Many thanks to all who came out!

If you can help in any way it is appreciated and needed.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

GJ40

Walt,

You had said that you would likely need unskilled labor at Jarrad's this weekend.  Is that still the case?  If so, which day and what time?  If not, I'll help out with the bottle auction prep.  Let me know.

George

glennh2os

Hey.. I've lost touch with who is in charge of this part of the effort. One of the TRUB guys last night with some construction background wanted to chip in with some help. Drop me a pm and I'll send you the guys info..Don't have a clue if he is really qualified..but he does seem to want to help!

kevint

Walter H is running this.  If you have the guys contact info you can PM it to beekster.  Otherwise send it to me and I will forward.

Kevin

beekster

Guys,

I'd like to thank all of you who've helped out on Jarrad's bath project. At this point I'm heading up there to do some drywall finishing, and Belinda's dad has got the tile started, so we've come a long way. Once the tile is done, we're into other finishes such as paint, electrical and plumbing trim, and everything else that makes a finished bathroom. I'll post updates as to when and what we might need in terms of help down the road. Once again, thank you for all you've done. It's heartwarming to see everyone rally around Jarrad's cause, in all the ways you participate. A special shout out to Glenn Waters!