News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Jarrad W. -- Cares/Concerns

Started by DBuns, May 28, 2012, 03:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBuns

Hey CARBOYs,

I just heard today that Jarrad Wilkinson, our current Education VP, had a very bad accident about a week ago.  He was painting his house and fell off a ladder and sustained a severe spinal cord injury.  He is currently in Duke Hospital and paralyzed from the waist down.  

If you could say an extra prayer or send some positive thoughts for Jarrad and his family, please do.

I am trying to find out what we might be able to do to help.

GJ40

That's terrible news!  I'm definitely in if there's anything we can do to help.

DBuns

Thanks, George.

There is talk of some kind of brewing related event to help out, but it's in the very early stages of planning...I'll post anything I hear about.  It would be very fitting for the guy who put together our last several club purchases.

I have heard that he is remaining very positive and in good spirits.

kevint

Wow, that's unfortunate.  Hopefully its just temporary.  We definitely will be doing something to help.  Thanks Dave for letting us know and looking at what we can do.  Let me know how I can help.

Kevin

MDixon

That's horrible news, hopefully he will make a full recovery. Keep us posted.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

DBuns

Kevin and I are hoping to get out there tomorrow afternoon for a short visit.  We'll post something after that.  

Definitely has me rethinking my plans to clean my second story gutters.

Take care...

glennh2os

That sucks on a lot of levels! Definitely will pitch in for whatever is done for him! Dave when you guys find out something more definitive make sure to toss a note out on TRUB too..

DBuns

Thanks Glenn...sure will.  I think there might be a couple of TRUB guys already on board with helping to pull something off.  Appreciate the offer.

Millhaus

Dave, please let me know what I can do to help.

Jarrad

Hi all. Thx for the thoughts and prayers. I'm open for visitors. I'm in room 2319.  Phn 9196812319.  Pls call first

Jarrad

Sorry I'm at duke in Durham

fbgillam

Please keep us posted so we can help in any way.
-Frank

rhtrask

I just heard about this terrible news this morning. I informed the TRUB guys and please let us know if there's anything we can do. I am more than happy to be in on any talks regarding any event plans to try and help Jarrad and his family out.
Ryan
TRUB President

kevint

Quote from: "rhtrask"I just heard about this terrible news this morning. I informed the TRUB guys and please let us know if there's anything we can do. I am more than happy to be in on any talks regarding any event plans to try and help Jarrad and his family out.
Ryan
TRUB President
We will definitely coordinate with you and TRUB for a combined event.  

Kevin

kevint

Dave, Jimmy and I saw Jarrad today.  He is in good spirits and enjoyed our talks about beer.  Belinda is there during the days but needs to be home in the evenings with the kids.  Evenings would be a good time for people to visit.  Please call the number Jarrad provided above before going.

Jarrad is trying to get moved to the Kessler Institute in NJ for intensive therapy.  It might happen any day.  He will keep us posted.

Kevin