News:

NOTE - If you are a new CARBOY member, please feel free to sign-up. Approval is needed so then email forumadmin@carboyclub.com to share your receipt from PayPal for membership dues. That will help us get you approved so you can access the forum.

Main Menu

Jarrad W. -- Cares/Concerns

Started by DBuns, May 28, 2012, 03:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJ40

Steve Winter won the preliminary auction.  Thanks Steve.  I'll send you a message with options on getting you the beer.

GJ40

Best Damn Beer Shop (that's not quite the name, apparently the site is subbing the word "darn") in San Diego donated two fantastic bottles for the bottle auction:

Oude Gueuze Tilquin à L'Ancienne
Oude Gueuze Tilquin à l'Ancienne (6.0% alc/vol) is a spontaneous fermentation beer, produced from the blending of 1, 2 and 3 years old lambics. It is unfiltered and unpasteurized, and refermented in the bottle for at least 6 months. The lambics used were fermented and oak aged in our installations. These lambics are coming from worts brewed by Boon, Lindemans, Girardin and Cantillon breweries.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25923/70745

Lost Abbey Framboise De Amorosa
http://www.lostabbey.com/lost-abbey-beers/non-denominational-ales/framboise-de-amorosa/
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18149/55992

kevint

DBuns

Quote from: "GJ40"Best darn Beer Shop (that's not quite the name, apparently the site is subbing the word "darn") in San Diego donated two fantastic bottles for the bottle auction

That's great, George!  Can we send someone there a thank you...or don't want to inundate them?

GJ40

Quote from: "DBuns"That's great, George!  Can we send someone there a thank you...or don't want to inundate them?

Yes, I'd like to send them an official thank you after the auction.

Jarrad

Good news everyone. I'm working on getting to Philadelphia by Monday or Tuesday next week to start acute rehab. I will keep everyone posted.  I'm cleared for weight bearing status and working on next steps of rehab locally.  Thanks for everyone's continued prayers and thoughts and support.

Jarrad

gsteiger

Jarrad,

That is great news.  Keep up the great spirit!
Never trust a skinny brewer.

Jarrad

Ok, it's official I'm scheduled to leave @ 7am on Sunday morning to leave for Philly for acute rehab!

Jarrad

DBuns

Onward and forward!  Take care, Jarrad...safe travels!  Give us a shout when you get there.

Jarrad

I'll keep everyone update via the forum once i get settled.   Again thanks for all they support and prayer and thoughts

ceaker

Quote from: "Jarrad"Ok, it's official I'm scheduled to leave @ 7am on Sunday morning to leave for Philly for acute rehab!

Jarrad

Best of luck Jarrad.  If you had to pick a spot for rehab, I suppose you could pick worse spots than the beer mecca of the east coast!

One of the support folks for a vendor I work with is there and is a pretty hard-core beer geek.  If part of your rehab involves getting out and about, I can grill her on the must-see spots.  I liked Iron Hill when I was there, but didn't get a chance to check out Monk's.

You're in our prayers.

Jarrad

I made safely to Philadelphia.  I'll keep the forum updated with my progress.

kevint

Jarrad's plans are to drive home on the 25th.  They will stop along the way and be home on the 26th.

Too bad he will miss the auction but its great he is heading home.

Kevin